Monday, August 9, 2010

Thunderstorms

Rain.  Ahhh. I much prefer this cool rainy weather over the heat any day. When my fiancé showed me pictures of his trips to Ireland, I knew that would be a place I would love to see some day. Perhaps I have lived there in a previous life.

(Ireland photos courtesy of Matthew Hodgson)

Since it’s nice and cool, we can cook again! This morning, my mom put the pork roast in the crock pot before leaving for work. I love crock pot dinners. They are simple and make the house smell good all day. We let the pork cook until it was so tender it fell apart when I poked it with a fork. Then, I pulled out the bone, drained the excess water, shreded the meat and covered it in Sweet Baby Rays BBQ sauce.

When I came home from my internship up at the hospital, I made a Bob’s Red Mill cornbread to go with the pulled pork. It smelled delicious. Now I want to learn how to make my own cornbread from scratch (allergen free of course).

I just purchased Cybele Pascal’s book, “The Allergen-Free Baker’s Handbook: How to bake without Gluten, Wheat, Dairy, Eggs, Soy, Peanuts, Tree nuts, and Sesame.” Thank you Cybele! I’m eager to start trying out her recipes, but I have to make use of the heaping pile of various mixes we already have in our pantry. That’s why this blog has been mostly reviews so far.

She is running a free giveaway on her award winning blog until August 11th. She also has some free recipes and food reviews. Check it out!

No comments:

Post a Comment